Head of Real Estate and Business Development
Mighty Buildings is a stealth-mode VC-backed startup based in Oakland, CA. Founded on the vision of a world where technology helps to unlock productivity within the construction industry to address the affordable housing crisis,
Mighty Buildings was founded by a team of physicists and robotics engineers with extensive experience solving hard R&D problems and building successful engineering firms. They started by inventing a new material and 3D printing tech that enabled printing of an entire building, not just walls, in a single cycle. Unlike concrete, Mighty Buildings’ material is lighter, can be uniquely treated (trimmed and cut) by robotic arms, and features high thermal insulation properties. This allows them to produce prefab housing with up to 80% of operations automated.
Mighty Buildings is a YC (W'18) stealth-mode startup, working on a disruption of the construction industry with 3D printing tech and composite materials. Our mission is to make modern architecture buildings affordable for the world with minimal impact on nature - beautiful, affordable & sustainable housing to all hard-working millennials and beyond.
Mighty Buildings seeks a Head of Real Estate and Business Development to continue our rapid growth. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this seasoned leader of business development professional will help to grow sales, explore new business opportunities by bringing in new clients, own contract negotiation and contract creation in order to close new deals targeting multi-unit sales with $1M+ revenue potential.
- Sourcing and leading the $1M+ deals in different markets including meetings, presentations, industry networking, and negotiating;
- Qualify prospective deals by assessing feasibility, budget, scope, and timing;
- Close deals in order to achieve target revenue goals;
- Monitoring and participating in RFPs/RFQs with the right opportunities for the company;
- Forecasting and validating sales projections with the team;
Qualifications & Experience
- Proven track record of multi million deals in the construction industry;
- Strong network in the industry, preferably in California and neighboring states;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Ability to create healthy pipeline of deals to achieve sustainable long-term grows;
- Strong familiarity with single family housing sales and homebuilding industry;
- Experience or full understanding of modular home building or factory-built structures;
- Fluent in the home building processes including entitlements, permitting, planned development;
- A self-starter and high-achiever who takes initiative and responsibility for their work and actions
- The ability to travel to client meetings and project sites
- Able to apply strategic thinking
- Demonstrated strength in leadership and team-building skills
- Excellent attention to detail, flexible and adaptable to change