$125k - $180k • 0.20% - 2.00%
Synthetic Minds is building techniques that auto-generate software, for specific verticals, using very little input. The tech is called program synthesis. We are currently in stealth-mode applying program synthesis to an enterprise use case.
In Oct 2018, we raised a $5.6M seed round from Y Combinator, Khosla Ventures and Pantera Capital. (Note that we are not working on smart contracts anymore.) This is the founder’s 2nd YC startup and they have a PhD in the domain, and have written the most influential paper of the last decade on this topic (SIGPLAN award and retrospective blog post).
The team is qualified: Henele leads engineering and has 10+ yrs of experience (at Google, FB, Parse), Noah leads product and was CPO for 10+ yrs at his previous company, Will has been doing frontend engineering for 15+ yrs. Cori comes from Tufts, and Ellie from Yale, Arthur did a PhD at UCB, and Helgi got a PhD from UW.
You will be building the front-end to our program synthesis backend. You will work closely with the backend team and take recommendations from the UX/UI designs to build out the frontend to SM's systems. You should be comfortable taking a leadership position in all things front-end.
- BS in Computer Science or comparable.
- Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals and the ability to apply that knowledge.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, debugging, and analytical skills. Solid communications skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a distributed team.
- Understanding of what’s going on within a frontend application - from low level primitives to high level abstractions.
- Adept at writing maintainable, modular, secure, and well-tested code. Familiar with good developer practices (CI/CD, code review, unit-testing, etc.).
- Only hiring remote candidates, within the US.
- Experience in UI Design preferred.
- Experience with Figma.
Compensation and Benefits
We value our team, and we value diversity. We're a small knit group with less than 10 employees, and we funded with a good runway. Our compensation plan is designed to reward our employees and support their families as much as possible, for a company at our stage. We have:
- Excellent benefits. We provide the best medical, dental, and vision insurance available covering 95% for you and 50% for your dependents.
- Excellent compensation package for salary and equity. We will put together the right package based on your profile and your needs.
- Choose your work style. (a) We have been WFH and work very effectively remotely. (b) We have an open vacation policy. Take what you need to recharge. Everybody is required to take a two week minimum. (c) Paid parental leave.
- Excellent work setup. We provide an ergonomic work setup for you to be as productive as possible.