We started as app developers who just wanted a developer-friendly API for push notifications. Finding no good solution, we built one ourselves.
Today, we are the leading solution for push notifications, in-app messaging, and email. We support over 900,000 developers. OneSignal is available on every platform and development environment, letting content creators focus on quality user engagement instead of complex implementation.
Covid-19's Impact on OneSignal
Covid-19 has accelerated OneSignal's growth. We've seen a 20%+ increase in new accounts created for OneSignal each day, and a 20%+ increase in daily message delivery volume.
We are growing faster than ever, and hiring in all departments. We hope you'll apply and we look forward to meeting you!
When you pick up your smartphone, the first thing you’ll see are push notifications. Maybe there’s a breaking news alert, a game reminder, a promo from Princeton Review… Whatever it is, chances are the message you’re reading was sent using OneSignal!
950k+ mobile app developers and companies use OneSignal to send push notifications. We started as a Y Combinator-backed game developer. Our founders were frustrated with existing push notification tools, so we built our own system. Now we help businesses send 7+ billion push notifications every single day.
As the founding Developer Evangelist at OneSignal, reporting to our VP of Engineering, you will lead our worldwide evangelism efforts. You will be responsible for defining and executing on a strategy that defines how OneSignal builds relationships with developers across the globe. We are seeking a driven, experienced, and enthusiastic leader to help us elevate our relationship with our developer community and drive the next round of 10x growth at OneSignal.
What you'll do:
- Lead virtual or in-person events to evangelize OneSignal's product
- Speak and represent OneSignal at conferences
- Contribute to documentation, code samples, and sample projects
- Write technical blog posts and tutorials for the OneSignal blog or partner blogs
- Participate in online communities & forums with target audiences (Unity forum, StackOverflow, etc)
- Parter with other engineering and marketing leads to drive forward OneSignal thought leadership
Skills and experience:
- 2+ years experience in a Developer Evangelism role
- Strong development skills: software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages (bonus points for Rust), and mobile engineering experience with the ability to create high-quality mobile applications from scratch
- Experience interacting with RESTful APIS
- Customer driven mentality, with a drive to go above and beyond to make sure our customers are successful
- Proficiency in written and oral communications with a strong affinity for technical writing
- Love of learning, friendliness, empathy, and modesty