Outreach Team Lead
$85k - $115k •
Prenda makes it easy to open a K-8 microschool in your home, studio or office. We start with an adult guide who cares about kids and believes in the power of learning. We provide everything the guide needs to run a microschool - training, support, software, curriculum, and funding so they get paid.
Prenda is on a mission to empower learners. We help people run microschools, where small groups of kids meet in a home and own their education. The model is helping light a fire for kids like Mo (https://youtu.be/g4nLjauGM3U), and we want to empower many more. Imagine a world where kids grow up as empowered learners - they choose to learn, develop their gifts, and apply their passion and grit to solve the world’s big problems!
We are looking for a team lead for the Outreach team. This team focuses on telling the Prenda story far and wide. The leader of the Outreach team will be completely immersed in the vision of how to find and educate great parents, potential guides, and students. They will serve other teams in the company with quality leads. They will work with the team to build growth channels to effectively find thousands of interested parents and guides, and will measure their success by evaluating the number of quality leads in our system.
A little about our culture: we believe in servant leadership, so if you are wanting the job to feel awesome about yourself, it might not be a great fit. Our company is obsessed with the mission of empowering learners, we live our core values (https://prendaschool.com/mission) and we combine that with small, autonomous teams that run experiments and make decisions based on data.
Before agreeing to a full-time role, Prenda hires everyone for a "gig.” This is a flexible, short-term project where we learn about you and you learn about us, and we’ll pay you for it.
- Evidence of living the Prenda Core Values
- Start with heart
- Foundation of trust
- Figure it out
- Learning > Comfort
- Dare Greatly
- Humility, Growth Mindset
- Ability to demonstrate empathy towards end users and team members
- Ability to recognize potential and talent in others and to help others find and maximize their strengths
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts
- Confident in problem solving
- Self driven, able to work and thrive in abstract or chaotic situations
- Able to receive feedback and direction with optimism
Skills and Experience
- Ability to establish and track critical objectives and key results for teams, able to guide team performance to deliver - real value to end customer
- Ability to evaluate critical priorities with team members and support team execution
- Experience in using data-driven analysis, experimentation, rapid development cycles to deliver value to end customers
- Experience in using various forms of customer and team members’ input to establish a compelling vision for a team
- Ability to hire, manage (see above), and fire, when necessary
- Experience in successfully leading groups of people
- Proven ability to engender trust in others
- Experience in education desirable but not required (whether in teaching, with parents, or with students)