We’re a Y Combinator backed company leading the transformation of major healthcare and government institutions to become modern, data-driven organizations. We believe that by building and connecting these data networks, allowing for the free flow of information, we will create the more equitable and rational world we envision. Recent Akido deployments include supporting a nation-wide disaster preparedness network, improving health outcomes by driving positive patient behavior at health systems, and combatting homelessness at ground zero in Los Angeles. Akido has assembled a diverse team of bright and motivated people who care deeply about solving these problems and making a lasting impact.
Akido Mission / About Akido
Akido is a Y combinator backed company empowering the transformation of major healthcare and government institutions to become more modern, data-driven organizations. We are building our vision to create a more equitable and prosperous world by enabling the free flow of information by connecting data networks to solve some of the most difficult problems our society faces. We have enabled deployments in supporting a nation-wide disaster preparedness network, improving health outcomes through patient behavior change at one of the nation’s largest health systems and combating homelessness at ground zero in Los Angeles. Akido has assembled a diverse team of bright and motivated people who care deeply about solving these problems and making a lasting impact.
Working at Akido
Akido is a dynamic team doing big things. We learn from each other, value each other’s opinion, and enjoy a collaborative approach to developing our product. We constantly invest in the personal growth of our employees, providing opportunities to expand within the organization and pursue personal interests.
What Engagement Management at Akido is like
Akido Engagement Managers lead the technology-enabled programs we develop with our public health, public service and health system partners. Our Engagement Managers (EMs) form the cornerstone of Akido’s strongest and most impactful partnerships and touch virtually every part of our business from executive stakeholders to end users externally and product management to business development internally. EMs set the direction and orchestrate their team to achieve the unique objectives of each program we execute whether it’s a pilot for a new care coordination technology or scaling a nation-wide predictive analytics program through our network. As an Akido EM, you are motivated to serve others and believe that technology and data have the power to bring more equity to our communities.
Day-to-day of an EM:
- Run discovery meetings with our customers to design an impactful program and understand their organization deeply.
- Execute the program(s) that you are assigned to leveraging your teammates to collaboratively achieve the goals.
- Define and share the narrative of our impact for our customers to empower them to expand our programs
- Work closely with Product Managers to improve the solutions and analytics we provide to our customers
- Strategize ways for Akido to deepen relationships with our customers and grow our impact for their organization and those they serve (often vulnerable communities)
- Design and implement deployment strategies to launch new solutions with new and existing customers
This position is right for you if...
- You have more than 2 years of domain-relevant consulting experience (e.g. healthcare, government or public health sector)
- You have more than 2 years of experience working in sensitive and complex environments (e.g. healthcare, government or public health sector)
- You enjoy interacting with customers and end users
Perks & Benefits
- Stock options
- Casual dress code
- Free snacks & drinks
- Flexible hours
- Unlimited vacation (we compensate your work, not your hours)
- Medical, dental and vision health insurance
- Commuter benefits
Akido is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires an accommodation, please let us know.
Our application stack consists primarily of React, React Native, with Node.js and Express used for mid-tier and shared services.