Gainful (Gainful.com) makes personalized protein powder, delivered directly to your doorstep.
Gainful was born from a simple realization: the fitness industry is inherently backward. More money is spent on telling people how they should look than on helping people reach their goals. We understand that everyone is unique. That’s why we created a product that helps you reach your goals – not set your goals for you.
We launched in 2017 and have been growing rapidly despite having a small team (currently 8 full time employees). Gainful is backed by some of the world's best venture investors, including Y Combinator, Soma Capital, Dorm Room Fund, and BrandProject.
Skills: Data Modeling, Data Analytics
Gainful is hiring a data analyst to work with engineering and growth teams in order to quickly iterate our product (both physical and digital) in order to successfully meet our customers’ needs. You will be responsible for utilizing large data sets in order to uncover insights that will serve as hypotheses for future tests and initiatives. You will then manage these initiatives and measure their effectiveness and provide suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Working with the CTO and COO to discover insights in the data.
- Plan ways to test and measure the insights from above.
- Provide suggestions for how to meet our customers needs, keeping in mind business constraints.
- Support backend and frontend engineers in their data needs
- Support growth marketing team to help efficiently test and evaluate different initiatives
- Be an owner of the Looker platform in order to allow other team members to access the data they need
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Basic understanding of SQL
- Expertise in Excel or another data analysis tool
- Relentless attitude toward continuous improvement
- Interest or experience in nutrition, wellness, or food/bev
- Desire to work on a small team and self-starter to quickly iterate on initiatives
- Experience in data science tools such as pandas (Python library)
- Location: New York City. Remote for the time being due to COVID-19.
- Hours: Full-time, unlimited PTO
- Pay: competitive salary + equity
- Health Insurance: Choice between Blue Shield Gold Full PPO 750 or Blue Shield Platinum Full PPO 0
- Gainful will cover 99% of the monthly cost of the Gold plan, or 85% of Platinum
- If you opt out of group healthcare coverage, Gainful will add $250/month to your salary as a wellness stipend
- Dental: Guardian EM Dental 10
- Vision: CA Beam VSP Choice Plan 2
- Pre-tax benefits
- Health FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter Perks:
- Lunch every other Friday
- Free beverages of every kind
- Unlimited Gainful product & swag
- Macbook Pro and whatever tools you need to do your job
- Visa sponsorship: Available
- Start Date: Summer 2020