Our mission is to provide liquidity and help people buy and sell homes quickly and in a transaction free of stress
Why Join us at Flat.mx?
We are a proptech startup located in Mexico City: We launched in May 2019 and are a fast-growing team of motivated people (techie guys, developers, designers, real estate specialists) working together, spending time designing and building Flat, and, of course, having lots of fun. At Flat we have a passion for building a innovative products. We are looking to expand our team with dedicated, fast learners who are willing to roll their sleeves up and make things happen, in other words, people who are driven by learning on the fly.
Skills: Python, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Flat is flipping the way homes are sold in Mexico. With a deep layer of technology and data, Flat simplifies the painful process of buying or selling a home. With Flat, sellers are able to sell their homes for a fair price in a matter of days, and move-in to a new apartment effortlessly. For buyers, Flat guarantees the conditions of the property, a fair purchase price, and a seamless buying experience. We are driven by the challenge of disrupting a large industry that hasn’t seen much innovation in the past recent years.
Job Description This position is part of a growing Data Science area in Flat that builds and refines Data Science tools and techniques. As a Data Engineer, you will shape the future of what data-driven organizations look like, drive processes for extracting and using that data in creative ways, and will enjoy seeing your insights turned into real products.
- Expand and optimize our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for our teams.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet business requirements.
- Build the infrastructure required for automated optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using Python, SQL and AWS tools.
- Build analytics tools and provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Identify opportunities to improve our models.
- Develop strategies to capture data on buyer preferences.
We are looking for a candidate with 2+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics,Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
Good understanding of shell commands and scripting for automation (Bash)
Understanding of statistical concepts
Proficiency in SQL, numerical programming and data wrangling in Python
Experience building RESTful APIs
Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
Experience with AWS cloud services: S3, Lambda, RDS, ECS, ECR.
Experience with DevOps tools (GitHub)
Experience with Container technologies (Docker)
Nice to have
- Experience using Luigi, Airflow or Apache NiFi
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative thinking and exceptional problem solving skills
- Previous experience in the PropTech ecosystem