Founding iOS Engineer
Hellosaurus is reinventing children’s programming for touchscreen audiences with the most advanced interactive video platform ever built for kids media.
Rooted in early childhood education principles of engagement, with a belief that children’s content should leverage mobile device capabilities so kids play instead of just watch, Hellosaurus is developing software tools for creators of high-quality kids programming to make truly participatory shows and a single distribution platform to share these creations with families everywhere.
We are a small team based in New York City and have worked on companies like HQ Trivia, Toca Boca, Google, Apple, and Sesame Street. We are backed by top investors and are currently a member of Y Combinator's summer batch (YC S20).
We are looking to grow our founding team with folks who are passionate about building magical technological experiences that make kids feel active, smart, and powerful, all while having fun.
Skills: iOS, Swift
About the role.
- Help shape technical infrastructure, best practices, and roadmap from the earliest of stages as a member of the founding team.
- Primary focus will be on developing, maintaining, and improving the entire mobile app experience for parents and kids.
- Report directly to the CEO. You will be given enough ownership to let you run full-speed ahead, and we will provide all the support needed.
- Opportunity to grow into a leadership/management role and set the long term vision for our engineering organization as team grows.
- Opportunity to expand role and skillset to own the gaming stack that serves as the basis for the interactive video player for parents, kids, and creators.
- The role is meant to be full time but it is possible to start on a more flexible contract, if desired.
- Baseline skills & experiences:
- 3+ years of experience developing and shipping iOS apps to the App Store.
- A strong grasp of Swift and modern iOS best practices.
- Ability to turn design resources (Figma, Sketch, etc) into living code.
- Experience with following is a plus (but not a dealbreaker!):
- Gaming platforms/frameworks like Unity and SpriteKit
- Functional reactive programming frameworks like RxSwift and Combine
- Experience collaborating with designers, developers, and product managers to define and design user experiences.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently while still seamlessly integrating with the rest of the team.
- Experience running App Store releases is a plus.
- Management experience is a plus.
- Documented interest in video software is a plus, and a passion for interactive video experiences aimed specifically at children is even better.