Head of Games Engineering
Volley makes voice-controlled games for Amazon Alexa and Google Home.
Our top game, "Song Quiz", a name-that-tune style trivia game, is the #1 game on the Alexa app store. We've created 7 of the 25 top games on Alexa and have over 1,000,000 monthly active users and are growing quickly. We believe that voice-controlled entertainment will expand from smart speakers to the TV and car, and aim to be the leading entertainment company on these new platforms.
We just closed our Series A round and are expanding the team!
We're a small team that enjoys working with each other. We love coming together over team lunches, in-house smash bros tournaments and the occasional karaoke session. If this sounds like fun (we promise it is), get in touch!
Skills: Node.js, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Volley develops voice-controlled games and lifestyle apps for Amazon Alexa and Google Home.
We've created several of the top games for smart speakers, including:
- Song Quiz - a name-that-tune music trivia game
- Yes Sire - a choose-your-own-adventure medieval RPG
- Popcorn Tycoon - the first ever audio-only idle game
We're seeking a Head of Games Engineering to own and build the infrastructure for all of our voice-controlled games across smart speakers, smart TVs, and mobile devices.
- Build and scale Volley's audio-first games division to support millions of daily active users
- Develop best-in-class voice-controlled games, that are social, engaging, and fun to play
- Manage a team of 4+ talented game engineers
- Recruit additional game engineers to join your team
- Collaborate with UX experts, designers, and data analysts to deliver products quickly and effectively
- Report directly to the CTO and become a strategic partner to the founders
Things you may have done before:
- Built consumer-facing mobile apps or games at scale
- Operated in environments with fast development-cycles focused on rapid product iteration
- Lead and scaled a top-tier engineering team
- Worked with audio, voice, or other emerging technologies
Things you should be passionate about:
- Coding and reviewing PRs
- Working with new tools and technology
- Mentoring engineers
- Entertainment and games
- Design and UX
Our software stack:
- AWS Lambda (Node.js)
- AWS DynamoDB
- AWS EC2
- AWS Fargate
- Alexa Skills Kit
We're a small team that enjoys working together! When not sheltering-in-place, we love coming together over team lunches, in-house smash bros tournaments and the occasional karaoke session. If this sounds like fun (we promise it is), get in touch!