Senior Software Engineer
$115k - $130k • 0.80% - 1.20%
At Mindset Health, we’re building the next Johnson & Johnson with a portfolio of digital drugs that use hypnotherapy to help people manage chronic health conditions like IBS.
Software engineering is the core of our long-term strategy at Mindset Health. We're a health company that's built on data, continuous improvement, and effective, beautiful, high performing products. Join our fast-growing team, and help build products that will affect millions of people.
Skills: React, React Native, Firebase
At Mindset Health, our mission is to empower millions of people to use their mind to improve their health. How? We build hypnosis-based digital therapeutics for chronic health conditions like IBS, chronic pain and more.
This is where you come in.
Software engineering is the core of our long-term strategy at Mindset Health. We're building a complex, shared-technical infrastructure platform to enable us to scale from 1 app-based digital therapeutic to a portfolio of 15 with millions of users.
We're a health company that's built on data, continuous improvement, and effective, beautiful, high performing products. Join our fast-growing team, and take ownership of our engineering and technology strategy.
Why join Mindset Health?
- Work on products that influence the lives of thousands of actual people, making a real and measurable difference (see our reviews)
- Get in at the ground floor at one of the fastest-growing startups in the country (still growing during this time)
- Our hiring bar is extremely high, and you'll join a diverse team coming from Y Combinator, Playfish, Brosa, King Games (Candy Crush), Atlassian and more
- The chance to join early and help set the tone for our engineering team: the processes, the people, the strategy
- We're funded by YC and other prominent Silicon Valley investors
- Competitive salary with equity (stock options)
- Hands-on engineering and writing code for the Nerva React Native app, shipping features that affect how thousands of users engage with the product
- Practice and encourage software engineering best practices: reasonable test coverage, appropriate modularisation, designing cohesive interfaces and making the call on technical trade-offs
- Influence the product roadmap, based on a data-informed feedback cycle with users. Navigating the hidden complexities of building a personalised and effective app experience
- Design the infrastructure and strategy for React Native framework supporting multiple apps for different health conditions with hundreds of thousands of users
- Work closely with the design team to create beautiful products that people love
- Continuously look for ways to use technology to increase the effectiveness, performance, usability and retention of the products
- Mentoring junior engineers and helping grow and develop the engineering team
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of commercial experience as a software engineer developing complex applications
- Strong communication and team collaboration skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with React Native or React (current React Native stack)
- Experience in setting up build infrastructure and architecture
- An understanding of engineering best practices
- Being able to mentor and grow a smaller team of Engineers
Nice to have
- Experience with data management, specifically using Segment
- Experience working with Firebase noSQL database
- Experience building consumer/health apps, understanding the complexities behind a mobile app
- An understanding of how to collaborate with designers, using programs such as Figma and Sketch
Who we're looking for
- Ability to learn, and quickly. You exhibit curiosity and work harder to learn and solve problems. You are open to feedback and experimenting as a means for learning.
- The ability to self-start given only a high-level direction and work autonomously to deliver great software at a very high throughput.
- A strong attention to product UI/UX; a burning desire to make sure the things you create look and feel great.
- Fast execution: You have a bias for action and a preference to get things done.
We build our mobile apps with React Native and a Firebase backend. Currently, our focus is to build an effective structure/engagement productive around Nerva, our program for Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Then we will switch focus to build an RN framework that supports the development and improvement of many different apps for different health conditions.