Product Designer, Marketplace
Flexport's mission is to make global trade easier for everybody. We are connecting humanity in a seamless web of global trade with our unique blend of software, human expertise, and physical infrastructure.
Our platform connects all the roles in the supply chain to improve the user experience and drive down transaction costs of international logistics, while helping companies make more data-driven decisions about where, when and what products to ship.
Product Designer, Marketplace at Flexport
Build the designs that fuel global trade
The Flexport Design team creates the end-to-end user experiences for our clients, their suppliers, and our service partners (Airlines, Ocean Carriers, Trucking Companies). Product Designers are key stakeholders in the full product development lifecycle, from working with their cross-functional partners to create the product vision to ensuring pixel-perfect implementation. The challenges Product Designers tackle at Flexport are complex. To be successful, Product Designers must be able to work cross-functionally across teams, think deeply, and communicate clearly. Now is an exciting time to join our design team as we lay the foundation for our vision of global trade.
As a Product Designer on Marketplace, you will help drive the end-to-end user experience for our marketplace products. You will focus on designing experiences to build a marketplace to enable us to sell the right product, to the right customer, at the right time, and the right price.
Please include a link to your portfolio and password, if required for access, when you apply.
- Collaborate with your cross-functional team to create a holistic long-term vision and high quality design solutions for your product.
- Conduct user research and gather data insights with guidance from senior researchers.
- Present work in a range of mediums and fidelities throughout the design process.
- Build prototypes to share and test concepts with stakeholders.
- Incorporate and recommend ways to extend Flexport’s design system.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Actively participate in the product designer interview process.
You should have:
- 3-7 years professional hands-on design experience.
- Strong portfolio of product design work illustrating many successfully launched products.
- Please include a link and password to your portfolio.
- Demonstrated strategic product thinking and vision.
- Proven ability to bring projects from concept to completion.
- Expert understanding and application of user-centered design methods and principles.
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Ability to strongly articulate your design work and rationale to your peers and cross-functional team.
- A degree in HCI, Graphic Design, or related field is preferred.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience? Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers. We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success. At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Our continuous releases are integrated with Buildkite and Github. On the frontend, we create our views with React, manage the flow of data with GraphQL/Relay, and test our application with Jest. On the backend, we’re in the process of decoupling our monolithic Rails app and introducing services using other languages, such as Java, Node.js and Go. Our data is persisted in mostly Postgres and Redis. Our stack is hosted on AWS using Docker.