Senior Product Manager
PickTrace is a fast growing software company that provides workforce and harvest management solutions for large-scale farms. Founded by brothers Austin and Harrison Steed, PickTrace is building the farm management system of the future.
PickTrace builds powerful software products that help agriculture companies thrive. Our workforce and harvest management software helps growers gain insight into their operations and improve their operational efficiency. Everything that we do is based on the conviction that we succeed when our customers build a more efficient, compliant, and profitable operation.
WHO WE ARE
We are PickTrace, an early-stage software start-up backed by YCombinator, that provides workforce and harvest management solutions for large-scale farms. We are building the farm management system of the future. Today, we serve some of the largest berry, citrus, and apple growers in the United States and internationally, and our application is used by tens of thousands of farmworkers each day.
Our product and industry are ever changing, and we it is not uncommon for priorities or goals to shift quickly. We are building a world-class organization and we believe individuals with high mental horsepower to up-level all members of the team around them.
You could combine your passion for business, design & technology with delivering solutions that directly impact our food supply chain? The agriculture industry is facing numerous challenges including low productivity and increasing costs, but is one of the least digitized industries in the world. At PickTrace we’re working to solve these problems and deliver products our customers love. That is why we’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to help build the farm management solution of the future, while contributing to the development of a world-class Product Management organization.
This role will report directly to our Chief Product Officer.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including engineering, design, and customer operations to maneuver initiatives through the complete product development lifecycle from concept to launch
- Learn and empathize with our customers/users; become an internal evangelist for their needs
- Incorporate primary and secondary market/user research in product discovery; partner with UX to create high-quality artifacts of discovery
- Generate opportunity assessments to inform business and product strategy
- Design and deliver value propositions that successfully position our product in the competitive landscape
- Own prioritization for your domain; clearly communicate reasoning to stakeholders
- Deliver exceptional outcomes for our customers with a focus on referenceability
- Establish strategies for driving user adoption, retention and satisfaction
- Implement analytics plans to effectively measure business and behavioral metrics
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A passionate team-player who lives for impact and sets the bar for product management excellence
- 5+ years of product management experience; preferably with 2+ years in B2B SaaS
- Extensive track record of prioritizing investments in design and technology; someone who demonstrates creativity and looks beyond the feature to a delightful and performant user experience
- A healthy interest and understanding of design & technology; BS/MS in Computer Science a plus
- Demonstrates strong business acumen with articulate written and verbal communication
- Advanced understanding of business and behavioral analytics; history of applying quantitative metrics to measure success
- Willing to travel at least 20-25% of the time and meet customers face-to-face
WHAT TRAITS ARE IMPORTANT TO US
- Coachability - You are hungry for feedback on how to improve, embrace the feedback, and quickly implement it into your day-to-day operations.
- Curiosity - You have a thirst to seek more knowledge about both on a daily basis.
- Work Ethic - You have a unique ability to prioritize your workload and work efficiently through your focus areas in an effective manner.
- Preparation - You take pride in being detail oriented and well prepared for the work in front of you. The thought of taking on an initiative without a plan gives you reason to pause.
- Adaptability to Change - You are comfortable and flexible to switch your focus rapidly to align with the updated business initiatives.
- Intelligence - You consider yourself a strategic thinker, and push conversations forward with co-workers by offering unique perspectives.
- Passion - We are disrupting the lowest technology adopting vertical in the world with a best in breed enterprise SaaS workforce management platform and exude excitement about the market opportunity in front of us.
- Prior Success - You have a track record of over-achievement, and take pride in ensuring top-level results are achieved in your daily work.
- Competitiveness - You are motivated daily to be the best at what you do. When you are outperformed it pushes you harder to up-level your performance.
- Brevity - You have a unique ability to break down complex topics into concise and meaningful explanations.
If this seems like you, we'd love to meet you!
We are building out a microservices architecture utilizing golang, python, firebase, kubernetes, GCP, pubsub, websockets & react frontend