Lead Product Designer
Instawork is the on-demand staffing app for hospitality gigs. We quickly and reliably match businesses with nearby qualified workers. We’re excited to enable our Professionals, a new generation of the emerging, diverse workforce, to be a part of the growing gig economy.
We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Y Combinator, SV Angel, Crunchfund, Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more.
Instawork is looking for a thoughtful, talented, and mission driven product designer to join our growing team, shape our product, and help establish a design centered culture across the company. Your work will help hospitality professionals to gain additional skills, earn extra income, and run their businesses more efficiently.
In addition to being a two-sided marketplace, the online-to-offline nature of our product presents a unique set of design and product challenges. We aren't just trying to get people to click more buttons - we're connecting people in physical space and managing around all the unpredictability and unique social dynamics of hourly labor within the light industrial and hospitality industries.
This role is remote but targeted for US employees only. Ideally you can overlap well with our San Francisco headquarters business hours (Pacific time).
Who you are:
- You are highly empathetic and passionate about helping others. You’re excited about building a strong design foundation within our team, but also eager to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to ship products and features our users love.
- You’ve been part of a high functioning product and design team and have a knack for user research and UX design, but can be effective across a number of other product design functions. You’re ready to take ownership of our design process and the end-to-end designs of the most critical areas of our product.
What you'll do:
- Take high level product ideas from conception through execution, across web and mobile. We are a small team so you'll work across a wide range of areas - product strategy, user research, and UX/UI design in particular.
- Take joint ownership of metrics and strategy with the product team, and work collaboratively with engineering and operations to achieve goals
- Mentor our existing team of 2 talented product designers and implement the design tools and processes needed to build the foundation of a high functioning, global design team
You should have:
- 5+ years experience as a product designer across web and mobile
- Mastery in design tools like Figma or Sketch
- A passion for hard problems and helping people
Django, React, React Native, AWS, Neo4J