Growth Associate: Content Ops
We're leveraging data, ML, and web-based workflow tools to dramatically improve the construction and remodeling experience for homeowners, architects, and contractors.
BuildZoom is the marketplace for general contractors. We collect and analyze hundreds of millions of building permits, licenses, property features, demographics and other data points to provide property owners with hiring recommendations and make the entire process of hiring a contractor simple and straightforward. We serve millions of monthly visitors and several billion dollars in projects annually.
Currently, 20% of BuildZoom’s revenue is attributable to our content efforts and we hope to more than double that over the next year. We have proven the concept and now it is time to grow. We are looking for someone to run and scale this initiative.
As a Growth Associate, you will be responsible for producing and disseminating online content. You will responsible for managing and growing a team of remote, contract writers and researchers. You will focus on efficacy and ROI. You will obsess over getting pageviews and quality content. You will cultivate an understanding for how to grow a business through search. You will also manage our WordPress site and be responsible for conversions. The role is ideal for candidates who want to own and scale a process. It is an ideal learning ground for someone looking to start their own business and develop managerial skills.
The position has location flexibility and will report to our Head of Growth and Strategy.
- Manage and grow a team of remote writers and editors.
- Scale a proven content marketing strategy.
- Own conversion funnel from content to lead.
- Develop efficiencies and drive increased ROI in the content creation process.
- Measure and analyze the results, obsessing over the success of each piece of content.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 2+ years of work experience, content or management consulting a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree from top school.
- Enthusiastic, tenacious motivated, and a responsible self-starter.
- An eye for operations, organization, and efficiency.
- Entrepreneurial, willingness to roll up your sleeves.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Remote management experience is a plus.
- Wordpress experience is a plus.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT THIS ROLE:
- Empowering, fun, ambitious startup culture.
- The true ability to scale a process.
- Fully ownership and management experience.
- An immediate, direct, and clear impact on a company that you can really believe in--one that has been proven to drive tremendous value for property owners and contractors across the country.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Close collaboration with BuildZoom’s founders and senior leaders.