Product Manager - Payroll
Rippling automates new-hire onboarding tasks that HR, IT and Finance departments do in a company. We aim to be the system of record for the company's employee information, by winning at on-boarding. This would allow us to build a platform layer where anyone could build an enterprise app. Small businesses would buy it from Rippling and roll it out to their company.
Parker Conrad (CEO of Rippling), had previously started Zenefits - which was the fastest growing company in history (0 to $50M in 2 years.) The founders have experience in the domain. The product is growing quite fast (10x revenue in 2018) and already has a high Net-Promoter score. We have raised $60M so far. Our last funding round was led by Kleiner Perkins.
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage their HR & IT — from payroll and benefits, to employee computers and apps — all in one, modern system.
In just 90-seconds, a company can set up (or disable) an employee’s payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps, like Gmail, Microsoft Office, and Slack. It’s the only platform that truly unifies every employee system, and automates all of the administrative work.
Rippling is headquartered in San Francisco and has raised over $200M from top-tier investors, including Founders Fund, Greenoaks Capital, Coatue Management, Kleiner Perkins, and YCombinator.
About The Role
The product team owns the product direction which lays out what Rippling needs to build, and when, in order to solve customer problems in a way that allows us to succeed as a business. We do this by distilling insights from key stakeholders across the company, user research, product-generated data, and competitive analysis. These insights allow us to prioritize the features that we work on, which we define end to end with our design and engineering counterparts, to create a product roadmap. As the features on this roadmap get developed, we partner with the appropriate teams to make sure that they are properly launched, and are setup to be successfully sold, serviced, and supported. We iterate on these features using data and customer feedback to make sure that they fulfill and surpass the goals we had when we decided to build them.
About The Team
The payroll product is responsible for making sure employees get paid on time and taxes are filed on time. We are processing > $100M in payroll through the system per week and the volume is going to grow to over $1B soon.
What You'll Do:
- Be one of the founding members of the product team at Rippling, working directly with the VP of Engineering and Product, and working closely with our product-focused CEO
- You will have ownership of driving product for an entire business unit
- Go beyond just shipping new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement and can optimize for shipping a portfolio of small, medium and large releases.
- You’re a creative product thinker who loves collaborating across the company with engineering, design, marketing, and sales
- Do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful, no matter how big or small the issue may be
- Adept at synthesizing ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Define and analyze metrics to guide product development
- 5+ years of Product Management experience
- Self-starter with a bias towards action
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Owned a successful product from inception to launch
- Strong ability to motivate and inspire people to do their best work
- Relentlessly focused on customers’ needs
- Exceptional interpersonal communication, relationship management and organizational skills
- Deep analytical, prioritization and problem solving skills