Full Stack Engineer (Typescript/Go)
$110k - $140k • 0.10% - 0.50%
We're Fuzzbuzz and we're building a fuzzing as a service platform that integrates into CI systems and the modern software testing workflow. Fuzzing is a type of automated testing that generates and runs thousands of inputs per second on your code to try and find bugs and vulnerabilities. It uses code coverage and other signals from your code to guide the tests it generates and runs. You can read more here.
Last year, we raised a $2.7M seed round from some of the best tech investors & founders, namely Y Combinator, Fuel Capital, Solomon Hykes (Docker founder), Flo Leibert (Mesosphere founder), Spencer Kimball (CockroachDB founder), Michael Stoppelman (Yelp ex-CTO).
About the Team
We're currently a team of 5 people and prefer staying small - allowing us to iterate faster and get very comfortable working with each other (the 3 founders have been roommates since first year university). That means you'll be 16% of the team - all of the work you do will be extremely critical and immediately impact users. We pride ourselves in being a very humble, but capable team - the 2 founding engineers each have 20+ years of engineering experience.
Since we are really small, we prefer having everyone working at the same location. We’re at 541 Jefferson Ave in Redwood City, CA - 10 mins from the Caltrain (everyone's currently WFH because of COVID-19. We will resume working from the office when it is safe).
1. Define the DevOps and security standards of tomorrow
Fuzzing is seeing more widespread usage than ever before, but there is still work to be done before it sees mass adoption. We're uniquely positioned to bring fuzzing to the developer community and make software testing more effective than ever before.
2. Product-first culture with an emphasis on engineering
Working on a technical product means working with very technical people. We embrace technical challenges and take them head-on. We use tools/frameworks because they get the job done, not because they're the current flavor of the month.
3. Early stage, funded startup
By joining Fuzzbuzz at this critical early stage, as one of our first team members, you'll be shaping not only our product, but our company & engineering culture as well. We're well funded, and pay in the top 10% of companies in SF at our stage.
What You'll Be Doing
- Design, architect and build the Fuzzbuzz platform (frontend & API)
- Work with our designer to build a beautiful platform with a focus on simplicity
- Work with fuzzing team to integrate fuzzing tooling into the platform
- Work with founders to define product roadmap
- Define internal engineering standards, tooling and processes
- Work and iterate closely with users
What We're Looking For
- 2+ years experience as a full stack software engineer
- Solid understanding of Typescript
- Experience building complex SPAs in Angular or React (using TS)
- Experience with or willingness to learn Go
- Experience designing and building APIs
- Experience working with AWS
- Familiar with Linux
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and development
- Obsession with users and providing real value to customers rather than working with “cool tech”
- Ability to navigate & take ownership of complex problems from design through to final implementation
- Full health, dental & vision insurance
- Caltrain & Parking covered
- Unlimited, guilt-free PTO
- Flexible hours
- Ergonomic workstation (standing desk, Herman Miller chairs, custom monitor/laptop set up)
If interested, please apply through Y Combinator or send your resume to [email protected] (we read every application).