Gordian Software builds APIs for travel websites to sell airline add-ons such as seat selection and baggage. It serves more than 10 million passengers per month and grew 925% in the first half of 2021. Two of the three largest travel websites in the world now use Gordian’s platform. Founded in 2017, it is backed by Y Combinator and other leading investors.
About Gordian Software
We're on a mission to remove all unnecessary friction from air travel. The airline industry is built on a fossilized layer of technology and this causes billions of dollars of friction and lost opportunities for travelers and travel companies.
Our first product allows travel websites to easily sell airline ancillaries (add-ons like seat selection, baggage, etc) rather than force the customer to purchase them separately later.
Today, we serve more than 25 million passengers per month and have grown 1,500% in 2021. Our customers include Priceline, Hopper, and Trip.com and other top travel brands. Our investors include Y Combinator (Stripe, Airbnb), Localglobe, the co-founders of Plaid and the cofounder of Skyscanner.
We’ve done this with less than 15 people and are profitable.
Our core values are Freedom, Impact and Ownership. We find people with grit, intelligence, and flexibility, then set them loose on our highest impact problems.
Come join us and change air travel forever.
About the role
This is the core technical role at Gordian. You’ll be building a technical platform that more than 1,000,000 passengers interact with on a daily basis.
You won’t be given pre-digested, issue-tracker tickets to solve. Instead, you’ll be given high level business problems and context on those problems. You’ll then take end to end ownership to solve them.
You’ll be an integral part of a product team that includes every skill needed to deliver to the customer (sales, PM, engineering, etc). Each team selects monthly Goals, picks team members to lead those goals and then executes against them in 3 day sprints (called The Plan). Learn more about this here.
If you are looking for a team where you’ll be trusted with as much responsibility and growth as you can handle and where you’ll make a massive impact from day 1, you’ve found the right place.
- 2+ years of software engineering experience
- Ability to understand and articulate the business and product needs your work addresses
- Motivated by a fast paced, high impact environment
- Proactive and comfortable with ambiguity
- Proficiency in any modern tech stack (we use Python/Postgres/React)
- High alignment with our values of Freedom, Impact and Ownership. Read more about them here.
Gordian Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.
We use Python/Postgres/React.
Some interesting problems we're solving:
- Tracking complex financial flows between travel companies and airlines for millions of dollars
- Integrating 15-30 APIs in parallel using automated testing, good software design and processes
- Anomaly detection across airline/travel website pairs. Many times we tell airlines they are down before they know
- Data modeling to provide a simple, clean API format across 90 airlines' different product sets.