Director of Growth Marketing
$90k - $130k • 0.10% - 0.30%
Submittable is an opportunities marketplace that makes it effortless for organizations to accept, review, and make decisions on any kind of digital content and for creatives to find funding and creative opportunities. The company is based in Missoula, Montana, which has an average commute of less than 15 minutes and is surrounded by some of the most stunning wilderness areas in the country. The platform has over three million users and 11,000 clients.
More than degrees or particular skill sets, we're looking for obsessive, self-motivated people who have done one or two things in their lives that most people would consider exceptional or very interesting. As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire team members who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.
Skills: Data Analytics
Submittable is seeking a Director of Growth Marketing. Headquartered in Missoula, Montana, but open to remote for the right person.
This person will be responsible for generating thousands of quality inbound leads from organizations such as grant foundations, associations, universities, publishers, and other companies. This role will work closely with the rest of the Marketing team, Sales teams, and Revenue Operations team, as well as web development and design. We’re looking for someone to join the Submittable team who is metrics-driven, smart, adaptable, and motivated by demand and lead generation for a growth-mindset company.
What You'll Do:
- Establish quarterly marketing-qualified lead generation and sales-qualified lead targets with Sales and deliver leads per agreed upon targets
- Make data-driven decisions: Manage sales/marketing pipeline metrics and ROI analysis. ⋅⋅* * Work with cross functional teams to set up, manage, and present weekly, monthly, and quarterly metrics on marketing performance, including traffic, conversions, spend, and recommendations for future approaches and how to optimize spend. You must be able to dive into reports and optimize campaigns seamlessly.
- Drive the strategy for integrated marketing campaigns (e.g. affiliate, strategic partnerships, paid search, display, retargeting, paid social, email) that build pipeline and mature existing opportunities.
- Partner with the Director of Content/Product Marketing to develop assets, messages, and web pages that convert.
- Partner with Sales teams to consistently improve MQL to SQL conversion rates.
- Develop and optimize lead scoring and automated nurturing campaigns to move more top funnel leads to MQL faster
- Research key industries to determine campaigns that reach and are relevant to our target audience and effectively funnel leads from brand awareness to product interest, fulfilling our growth lead quota month-over-month.
- Take ownership and get things done.
Who You Are:
- Process-oriented thinker with strong problem-solving skills who is naturally curious to test, measure, learn, and iterate in order to get the best results possible.
- Significant success in SaaS B2B marketing or subscription-based digital marketing/lead gen experience required.
- Meets and exceeds monthly targeted lead generation goals through campaign creation and management.
- Supports sales in lead outreach to enable higher lead-to-opp conversion rates.
- Success creating personalized digital experiences/campaigns to attract enterprise-level leads and expansions.
- In-depth knowledge of various paid marketing channels and technologies, including paid search, affiliate, strategic partnerships, retargeting, and social media advertising.
- Extensive experience with analyzing and interpreting data within web analytics tools to deliver marketing results for acquisition and retention efforts with close detail to lead attribution. Success with CRM and marketing automation tools (preferably HubSpot or Pardot and Salesforce)
- Excellent writing and communication skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Experience writing, editing, QAing content and UX/functionality.
- Success growing and managing teams
Success in this position will be measured through three primary KPIs:
- Number of new leads generated monthly, MQLs and SQLs
- Conversion rate of leads generated into opportunities (lead quality)
- ROI of Campaigns (based on multi-touch attribution)
#Secondary KPIs Are As Follows:
- Strategic planning of new campaigns to fill gaps in the lead funnel (awareness, interest, consideration, conversion) where they exist across each target industry in each region,
- Increased traffic on our website and landing pages, and
- Revenue generated by sales channels (NA SMB, NA Enterprise, EMEA, APAC) from inbound leads.
Based in Missoula, Montana, Submittable’s office is 1 block from surfing and kayaking, 7 miles from skiing, and 5 miles from wilderness hiking. If you’re not into sports or the outdoors, many of us have other interests, too—our team includes professional musicians, accomplished artists, published writers (even poets!), and former chefs. Our average "commute" time is 10 minutes, with many staff biking or walking to our office in downtown Missoula. Housing costs ¼ to ⅓ that of NYC and SF (10% of Submittable employees are first-time home buyers). The average TSA wait time at Missoula International Airport is 2-3 minutes.
We offer highly competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, DCA, and Commuter Benefits accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents, and an employee-paid on-site daycare center for infants and toddlers up to age 2
- Discounted fitness memberships, personal development stipends, and book purchase reimbursement
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees
- Gender-neutral bathrooms with free pads/tampons
- We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are unable to accommodate scholastic or employment visas.
- Submittable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.