Full Stack Engineer
$120k - $150k • 0.05% - 0.25%
Convex is looking for Full Stack Engineers to help our customers serve an under the radar, but massive and ubiquitous industry, commercial building services. Our customers service the systems that provide the air we breathe, the water we drink, as well as the lighting, safety, and security systems that power daily life for billions of people.
We are based in, and love, the seven square miles of San Francisco, but our customers are in every corner of America. We found our foothold in small to medium sized businesses, and have quickly been pulled up-market to some of the largest enterprises in the country, like Siemens and Carrier. We have shipped an impressive amount of product with a lean team, but now we have to scale to meet the demands of our customer base which is growing in both size and sophistication.
That is why we need you.
Our flagship product, Atlas, is a “consumer grade enterprise product.” Think Apple experience with Oracle utility. Atlas supercharges our users’ work by providing them with information on virtually every commercial property in the country. There is literally no other data source like this available anywhere. All that data is interesting, but it isn’t powerful unless you have the ability to work with it, which is why we are building a full suite of specialized software tools on top of it.
Our Full Stack Engineers are truly full stack. Everyone has their own preferences, but we all share responsibility for and work on the entire platform from UI to database. From day one, you’ll take a leadership role in guiding the evolution of our software to digitize workflows and visualize complex data for our users.
Every commercial property means gargantuan data sets, which in turn means high performance and architecture demands on the software you build. We are a small team of high performers who generally work in teams of 1-3 engineers. We use Swift, Ruby, Postgres, PostGIS, Google Maps, AWS, Angular, and Python among others.
- 2-4+ years of professional software engineering experience working on external facing applications
- 1+ years of experience with a front-end framework such as React, Angular, or Vue
- 1+ years of experience with an API framework like Ruby on Rails or Django
- Comfortable using the Unix command line
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related subject
- A selfless and team oriented personality, proactive tendencies, excellent communication skills
- A strong work ethic, and the experience or desire to work at a growth stage startup
- The desire to improve yourself and be a positive influence on those around you
- An instinctive drive to write quality code, the humility to understand and improve existing code, and the wisdom to make tradeoffs between elegance and efficiency without sacrificing product quality
Nice to Haves
- You are interested in building tech, real estate tech, construction tech, and/or mechanical engineering, plumbing, electrical systems, security systems, fire and life safety systems, or building control systems
- You stay up to date with technology and how to apply it to solve real-world business problems
- You want to form the core of a growing engineering team and develop its culture
- Join an early stage company with a lot of momentum, lead by a top tier leadership team and backed by top tier investors
- Competitive salary and generous equity
- Medical and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Generous parental leave policy
- Company outings & team retreats
- Dog-friendly, renovated office in South Park with Bay views
At Convex, we’re building the leading B2B full-stack software platform for the $400bn+ commercial services market. It's a 100-year-old industry impacting millions of people every day, and we already work with some of the largest enterprise companies in the sector. Our team is a unique mix of industry veterans from Carrier, Siemens, and Honeywell as well as founders from MIT, Harvard, and Georgia Tech. Based in San Francisco, our investors include Emergence Capital (Salesforce & ZOOM), 1984 Ventures, UP2398, YCombinator, Joe Montana, and the founders of PlanGrid.