Product Manager, Analyst Experience
Our mission is to save engineers from building in-house data pipelines, by building one automated data pipeline that everyone can use. Every single company that uses SaaS tools to run their business will eventually need to analyze the data that sits in those tools. Fivetran unlocks this data with automated connectors that converts messy, chaotic APIs into normalized, standard schemas.
From our founding until now, Fivetran's mission has remained the same: to remove the engineering burden from data teams by standardizing and fully automating data connectors. With Fivetran, your data just arrives in your warehouse, canonical and ready to query, no engineering or maintenance required. As we watch more and more companies leverage our technology to become truly data-driven, we’re proud not only of our growth but also of the fact that we’ve grown without compromising our core values.
Integrity. We do the right thing, even when it's harder in the short run. We challenge the status quo by reasoning from first principles.
Initiative. Fivetran belongs to all of us. We take ownership and are accountable for getting things done. Through curiosity, learning, and coaching, we grow as individuals and teams.
One team, one dream. We share the pains and successes of our customers, partners and colleagues. We seek, gather, and trust a diverse group of teammates with different perspectives to guide Fivetran's progress.
If these values resonate with you, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role:
As a Product Manager for the Analyst Experience, you will help shape the future of the Fivetran data pipeline platform for businesses large and small. Partly that means understanding the user journey, getting deep into the daily life of a data analyst, a data engineer, and their director; and the challenges they are collectively trying to solve from within Fivetran’s UI. Your success gives analysts that warm fuzzy feeling knowing that they never again have to submit a change request with their engineering team, and that important business insights are being derived without a loss of control over data security.
This is a full time position based out of our Oakland office.
As a Product Manager at Fivetran you will:
- Drive the user experience, in both application features and extensions, for Fivetran data pipelines
- Research, define, prioritize, and evangelize the Fivetran platform roadmap
- Orchestrate the delivery of amazing improvements by partnering with marketing, customer support, and other functions in the company
- Work closely with sales, support, and customer success to resolve critical and emerging issues
- Relentlessly communicate and anchor the Fivetran product experience to our mission of enabling analysts to do their jobs without relying on engineers
- Create internal practices, supportive co-development mechanisms, and product/design guidance that promote the development of exceptional data experiences across the entire product development organization
- Assist in training new hires, colleagues, partners and our fan club on the workings of Fivetran, both current and upcoming
- 4+ years shipping product directly to technical end-users
- Have shipped both business UI and data products
- Proven ability to develop deep customer empathy and articulate customer problems
- Demonstrated experience using data and analytical abilities to help solve problems and make decisions
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with a talented team of engineers and designers
- Proven track record of shipping product features that deliver results
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills with a confirmed ability to influence partners
- BS in science, engineering, or equivalent technical and analytical acumen
- Experience with SQL
Perks of working with us:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- 401k match program
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter Benefits to help with transit and parking costs
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Unlimited coffee, office snacks and frequent catered lunches
- Company happy hours and fun team building activities
We've built a huge product with a small team by dividing our platform into simple, independent pieces and building our software in a disciplined, pragmatic way. We use Java, Google Cloud Platform, PostgreSQL, and React.