Designer - Bay Area
Pulley's mission is to make it easier for anyone to start a company. We strongly believe that more startups should be created, and that founder-led companies are more successful in the long term. With Pulley’s cap table management tools, companies can better understand and optimize their equity. Starting a company is hard enough. Managing a cap table shouldn’t be.
We started Pulley because most of us have worked at early stage startups and have found equity to be confusing. We want to help builders and creators grow and own more of their company in the long term. If you would like to join our mission of helping more founders start companies, let’s talk!
We are growing quickly
We’re a small team looking for passionate, execution-focused, self-starters to help us build cap table management tools for founders. Within six months of our launch, we had over 1,000 startup customers and our growth trajectory is even steeper now that we’ve announced our $10 Series A led by Stripe with participation from General Catalyst, Caffeinated Capital, 8vc, Elad Gil, among other great angels. We have partnership deals that will get us to profitability in a year. All of our growth has been organic, and we’re growing the team to meet demand.
We are team of eight with four former Y Combinator founders on the team. Yin (founder) sold her last company to MSFT. We are solving a real need with a huge market and are looking for great folks to join our team.
To join our team, apply on Bookface or send an email to [email protected].
Pulley (https://pulley.com) helps companies, investors, and employees optimize the most valuable asset they own - their equity. Managing equity is one of the most important tasks for a startup to get right, but can also be one of the most confusing. Pulley builds tools to help companies model financing options, manage equity plans, and issue shares to investors and employees to make the process much easier to handle.
We are hiring our first generalist designer to drive product design, our entire design system, and influence overall product strategy.
🧩 Qualifications & Fit
- 5+ years of design experience
- Iterates quickly and understands the balance between achieving pixel perfection and development speed
- Can reduce complex problems down to the right combination of simplicity and functionality
- Advocate strongly for the user, and think through user problems to understand the intent of a workflow
- Self-starter who actively seeks ways to improve the product experience for our customers
👋 Who we are
We are a small and well funded startup based out of downtown Mountain View. We are five engineers with experience from Google, Microsoft, Docker, Pebble, and more. There are two former YC founders on the team and an engineer who’s climbed Everest. Yin (founder) sold her last company to MSFT. We started Pulley because many of us have worked at early stage startups and found the process around equity so confusing to understand the first time around.
🧧 Benefits & Salary
We are building a small team of exceptional people. We will compensate you for your experience.
We offer the following benefits:
- Generous health insurance
- Unlimited vacations
- Commuting benefits & food
Full time positions must be in Mountain View, CA
What we are looking for:
- Entrepreneurial, with a high tolerance for ambiguity
- Strong work ethic and finds ways to get things built
- Startups need to ship to survive - We are constantly managing the tension between delivering with high-quality and delivering on-time. Our view is that being a 10x engineer is not about writing more code; it’s about making the right decision on what to build. We’re hiring for people who can make the right strategic decisions on where to spend their time
Our engineering stack
- React, Apollog, GraphQL and Hasura
- Go backend