Director of Growth Marketing
Tovala makes home-cooked meals effortless.We are a Chicago-based food-tech company that sells a smart, countertop steam oven that is paired with a weekly meal delivery service. We manufacture our hardware in south-east Asia and sell direct to consumer. Our food is produced in our own facility here in Chicago under the careful guidance of our Chefs. Meals are shipped to customers everywhere in the lower 48 states every week.
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work that makes hugely positive impact in our customers lives through the food they eat.
The Director of Growth Marketing is an experienced, data-driven, and customer-obsessed marketer who owns online and offline performance marketing channels and drives continued rapid growth for the business. You are responsible for efficiently acquiring new customers by managing and scaling existing channels (Facebook, linear TV, Instagram, direct mail and branded search) and expanding Tovala’s acquisition model into new channels (e.g. OTT, affiliate, radio/podcasts, non-branded search etc.) through ongoing experimentation and analytics. While you are relentlessly focused on data and optimization, you are also deeply passionate about connecting with our customer. You incorporate customer journey thinking into our marketing mix and ensure that we reach our customer at the right time with the right message. Our ideal candidate is a passionate, growth oriented, and analytical marketing leader who can grow with the organization as we continue to scale.
About the role:
- Set full-funnel, paid media strategy to support company growth and CAC goals
- Manage a multi-million dollar performance budget and manage effectively to CAC and related KPIs
- Oversee the partnership with our digital growth agency, establishing targets & providing guidance on strategy and day-to-day media buying and creative execution across digital media and landing pages
- Aggressively scale and manage newly proven channels (TV and direct mail)
- Lead strategic channel expansion through robust experimentation in new channels (OTT, affiliate, non-branded search, podcasts/radio etc.) leveraging customer insights, A/B testing and creative optimization across the funnel
- Work closely with Growth Engineering, product and email teams to set CRO strategy, roadmap and experiments to continuously improve performance
- Work closely with Data Analytics team to incorporate BI learnings into our acquisition strategies in order to further optimize CPA and LTV
- Partner with Brand Marketing & our in-house Creative teams to refine communication strategy and optimize creative performance across the funnel, ensuring we deliver consistent and resonate messaging across all performance channels
- Partner with our Tech team to implement new marketing / ad technologies that can improve attribution, drive efficiencies and build models that predict key metrics
- Set growth team resourcing strategy as we scale - further building out a team of channel experts and/or outside agency partners to effectively manage & scale our paid media efforts to support our rapid growth
- You are highly analytical and love data. You have a proven track record of high performance and impact, are capable of diving into data and synthesizing coherent and actionable recommendations to elevate performance against our KPIs.
- You are intellectually curious, empathetic, and driven to solve hard problems
- You are a highly collaborative, team player with low ego and high eagerness to take on new challenges in a growing business
- You are able to learn quickly and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. You are comfortable with pivoting quickly and delivering against moving targets and goals
- You are a savvy communicator who can distill complex concepts into clear and compelling messaging.
- You are passionate about the evolving media ecosystem & trends, highly motivated with a huge thirst for learning and continuous experimentation
- You’ll bring customer journey thinking and ability to optimize communications across a multi-touch buyer journey
- You are a highly organized “doer” with a data-driven mentality
- You love food, whether that means cooking it, eating it, frequently pressing your nose against deli windows, or lusting after soft-serve on Instagram. All fair game.
- 7+ years of work experience in performance marketing with a strong focus on paid social. Experience managing and scaling TV is required
- Experience owning and scaling a media budget >$10MM in annual spend with a proven ability to drive growth while managing to CAC targets
- Expertise launching and layering new channels into a digital marketing program, with an ability to understand, measure and report on incrementality & attribution
- Highly familiar with core media buying platforms and are very comfortable using analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Google Optimize, Looker and FullStory. Experience with other BI Tools is a strong advantage
- High proficiency in Excel is necessary. Intermediate to advanced proficiency with SQL is a strong plus
- D2C experience required. High consideration product experience preferred