Head of Product
We are Confident Cannabis and we are building the leading online marketplace for legal wholesale cannabis powered by lab test data
Product @ Confident Cannabis
• We’re shaping the cannabis industry to be efficient, honest, and reliable by creating the software solutions necessary to both test and trade within it.
• Between our two core products (Lab Testing and Wholesale), we support every key stakeholder in the supply chain: laboratories, growers, processors, distributors, and retailers. Working at Confident Cannabis presents unique and engaging product challenges as we endeavor to build foundational B2B infrastructure for an explosive, complex industry.
• We believe that getting the best from software requires cross team collaboration so that sales, engineering, data, and strategy all come together to hit our KPIs. Product sits at the intersection of all these teams
Who you are
- 5+ years experience building products as a product manager, founder, or product-centric engineer – digital marketplace experience a plus
- Proven leader and manager: you have built and led high-performance product teams, driving roadmap planning and execution
- Unafraid to roll up your sleeves: we're looking for a player/coach, someone willing to brainstorm and tweak features, build mock-ups, and get their hands dirty with all aspects of product design and development
- Strong technical background and experience working with engineering teams
- Data-driven approach to product: you are comfortable implementing and analyzing product metrics, split tests, and cohort analysis
- We are building a product culture around Design Sprints to foster inter team communication. You should have experience of or huge desire to learn this methodology
What You'll Do
- To learn and help develop the long-term vision for the company’s product – you are will be a key driver of planning, strategy, and product innovation
- Collaborate deeply with engineering throughout the product development process
- Work closely with customers and other Confident Cannabis teams to design efficient, creative solutions for our users' problems
- Design and carry out initiatives that drive revenue and user retention
- Take ownership of our growth KPIs and work closely with our engineering, sales, marketing, and customer success teams to achieve company growth targets
- Cultivate a deep understanding of technology trends, as well as industry insights and the competitive landscape
Engineering @ Confident Cannabis
• We’re shaping the cannabis industry to be efficient, honest, and reliable by creating the software infrastructure necessary to both test and trade within it. • We believe in high-velocity, full-stack engineering to deliver products quickly while maintaining amazing customer experience. • We build React + Typescript frontends, Django + Python backends, Terraform + AWS for infrastructure, and CircleCI for testing.