Senior Product Designer (Full Time or Contractor)
0.00% - 0.50%
Stilt is a Y Combinator backed (W16) financial services company focused on immigrants. We use proprietary and public data sources to predict creditworthiness of immigrants with limited or zero credit history.
We are backed by fintech investors including Y Combinator, Hillsven Capital, Petrushka investments (early backer of Lending Club, Zillow, Check, Pets.com), and CEOs of billion-dollar fintech companies. We are at an inflection point in the company's journey and looking for someone to lead and scale our content marketing efforts.
The role at a higher level: We are looking for our first Product Designer at Stilt. This is a great opportunity for you to own end to end design at the company. Building trust with design is crucial in financial services and you will have autonomy in driving product design to delight our users. You will be responsible for understanding complex user challenges and crafting simple solutions. You will collaborate with engineering, operations, compliance, credit risk, and marketing teams to implement and iterate on these solutions. The ideas you implement will be foundational and drive the company for years to come.
If you are excited about talking to users, developing solutions to complex problems, building trust with design, and helping a population that’s long been discriminated financially, we are interested in talking to you.
Who will I work with? You will closely work with the CEO, CTO, Head of Marketing, and Head of Credit Risk, and Head of Operations.
- Lead research and understand complex challenges faced by existing and potential users
- Inform design strategy and be an advocate for better design practices to increase user trust
- Prototype and design simple and robust solutions to solve these challenges for internal and external users
- Lead all design functions for existing and future products
- Work with multiple teams to bring users’ needs to life and iterate based on feedback
In your background, you have:
- 5+ years of experience working in a design (or similar) role at startups (preferably consumer focused)
- Developed and shipped complex product features for both internal and external users
- Worked on desktop and mobile products including apps (experience with fintech products is helpful)
- Developed your own iconography, illustrations, and other elements of design systems from scratch
- Worked in a collaborative team to build beautiful products loved by users
- Shown relentless execution and attention of detail for projects you have shipped
The rest of the team: We are a small but growing team based in San Francisco. All of us take pride in our work and give our best at all times. Our team is comprised of immigrants, DACA holders, and U.S. citizens. We speak 6 different languages amongst the team but share the same values. We care about company values and measure ourselves on how well we serve our customers.
Come and help us build a more financially inclusive world.