Full-Stack Software Engineer
We're a team that's committed to intellectual honesty. We help each other get better through open discussion and respectful feedback.
We are passionate about creating a world where beautiful buildings are designed and built by algorithms.
Skills: Python, PostgreSQL, GraphQL, Kubernetes, React, TypeScript, Go
1build (YC W20) is automating cost estimation in construction with a combination of human and machine intelligence. Our marketplace of expert cost estimators is scaled by an internal "programming language" for buildings called Owl. Owl allows cost estimators in our marketplace to efficiently convert building blueprints into shopping lists of construction materials and labor.
Our vision is to codify the language buildings. 1build’s goal is to use data and algorithmic logic to become an end-to-end support system for builders as they manage projects from cost estimation to bidding to material procurement.
We are a distributed start-up with an inspiring culture and countless opportunities for fast-paced upward career progression. We’ve closed a $5.5M seed round from top venture funds like Y Combinator, Initialized Capital, MetaProp, and others. Our founding team comes from companies like Tesla, Apple, WeWork, Uber & Samsara.
You should come interview with us if:
- You constantly seek to learn and improve yourself.
- You're passionate about tech, and opinionated about what makes it good.
- You excel at communicating via written language, both in code and in English.
- You know how the web works.
- You naturally contribute to a culture of excellence.
- You write code for fun.
- You're a deep thinker.
- You know how to build web applications.
- Your work ethic drives you to aggressive productivity with high standards.
Our primary tech stack:
Why join us:
- A opportunity to reimagine the construction industry from first principles
- A chance to create a product-driven organization as an early engineer
- Competitive base + equity compensation plan
- Medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- Remote-first benefits: home office stipend and co-working allowance