Fullstack Software Engineer, Frontend
We're a team that's committed to intellectual honesty. We help each other get better through open discussion and respectful feedback.
We are passionate about creating a world where beautiful buildings are designed and built by algorithms.
Skills: Python, PostgreSQL, GraphQL, Kubernetes, React, TypeScript, Go
Did you know that lumber prices are outperforming Bitcoin?
Did you know that the construction industry spends $1.4T on materials annually yet all of that spend takes place offline?
Did you know that the best available data source for tracking construction prices is a physical catalogue that's been published annually since 1945?
1build translates building blueprints into shopping lists of construction materials that can be purchased from local suppliers. Over the last 9 months, we've grown 13x in revenue and facilitated $1B+ in construction spend.
Our leadership team have backgrounds at Tesla, Uber, Bechtel, and CloudKitchens. You will be a key part of 1build’s growth strategy and will be responsible for working at both strategic and tactical levels to help grow the company quickly and effectively.
1build was recently featured on The Hustle, learn more about us here: Link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIfRdjqYTH8#t=29m05s)
- You'll be one of the first few engineers at 1build
- You'll help us build a dynamic collaborative architectural drawing tool with webGL & GraphQL
- You'll build a sophisticated marketplace for construction bidding and sourcing
- 3 to 7+ years of experience
- You're a fullstack engineer, with a focus on frontend
- You constantly seek to learn and improve yourself
- You're passionate about tech, and opinionated about what makes it good
- You excel at communicating via written language, both in code and in English
- You know how the web works
- You naturally contribute to a culture of excellence
- You write code for fun
- You're a deep thinker
- You know how to build web applications
- Your work ethic drives you to aggressive productivity with high standards
- You like to draw boxes and arrows on whiteboards
You are familiar with the following tech stack:
Benefits and Perks
- Globally distributed team
- Competitive base + equity compensation plan
- Flexible PTO and sick days
- Paid holidays
- Free lunches every Wednesday
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Home office stipend and co-working allowance
- Competitive maternity/paternity leave
1build is an Equal Opportunity Employer. 1build is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. 1build is committed to creating an inclusive, safe work environment for all employees. All employment decisions at 1build are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. 1build will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. 1build encourages applicants of all ages. 1build also participates in E-Verify.
We are creating an assembly language for construction that can convert high-level building blueprints into machine-readable algorithmic instructions on how to build.
Typical engineering challenges can include:
- creating a script that calculates how long it takes to assemble an interior partition wall
- cataloguing different lumber materials by application in construction
- developing a graphical interface that allows point-and-click vectorization of construction plans