Full-Stack Software Engineer
We're a team that's committed to intellectual honesty. We help each other get better through open discussion and respectful feedback.
We are passionate about creating a world where beautiful buildings are designed and built by algorithms.
Skills: Python, PostgreSQL, GraphQL, Kubernetes, React, TypeScript, Go
1build helps construction companies to convert blueprints into bids and shopping lists of construction materials. We are serving a market of 3 million builders with a cost estimation software product and a marketplace for cost estimation services. As we're collecting thousands of datapoints about construction projects in the US, our ultimate goal it to standardize construction data and to codify building assembly and design as an explicit algorithmic language.
Having completed $500M in construction projects in 2020, we are looking for an experienced Full-Stack Software Engineer who will be joining at a critical inflection point in our company’s growth. You will be helping to scale our platform to 1000s of construction businesses by year-end.
You will be joining alongside a team with experience at Tesla, Uber, Apple, WeWork and Samsara. We have recently closed a $5.5M seed round from top venture funds like Y Combinator, Initialized Capital, and co-founders of PlanGrid.
You should come interview with us if:
- You constantly seek to learn and improve yourself.
- You're passionate about tech, and opinionated about what makes it good.
- You excel at communicating via written language, both in code and in English.
- You know how the web works.
- You naturally contribute to a culture of excellence.
- You write code for fun.
- You're a deep thinker.
- You know how to build web applications.
- Your work ethic drives you to aggressive productivity with high standards.
Technologies we work with:
Why join us:
- A opportunity to reimagine the construction industry from first principles
- A chance to create a product-driven organization as an early engineer
- Competitive base + equity compensation plan
- Medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- Remote-first benefits: home office stipend and co-working allowance
We are creating an assembly language for construction that can convert high-level building blueprints into machine-readable algorithmic instructions on how to build.
Typical engineering challenges can include:
- creating a script that calculates how long it takes to assemble an interior partition wall
- cataloguing different lumber materials by application in construction
- developing a graphical interface that allows point-and-click vectorization of construction plans