Entrepreneur in Residence
dahmakan is one of the fastest growing food tech startups in Southeast Asia. We make food delivery an everyday choice by delivering chef-made meals below restaurant prices at the push of a button. Funded by Y Combinator and leading tech investors from Silicon Valley, Europe and Asia, we’re conquering a trillion dollar market in the most exciting region of the world.
dahmakan is Southeast Asia's leading cloud kitchen startup backed by Y Combinator and has received over $30m in VC funding. The market for food delivery is forecasted to grow 20x in SEA. The restaurant industry is traditionally slow to adapt new technologies and existing operations are designed to serve dine-in customers. dahmakan is today building the infrastructure for the fast growing food delivery market. dahmakan has build the most advanced direct-to-consumer system that allows to make high quality food affordable for delivery to Asia's fast growing middle class.
Entrepreneur in Residence
You always had an entrepreneurial-drive and want to build a high growth tech startup together with some of the brightest minds in technology and food?
The EiR Program is designed for the smartest and most ambitious students from undergraduates to MBA students (or drop-outs). You will become member of a Y Combinator backed team with the same responsibilities and expectation as any full time team member. You will join our tech, product, growth or operations team and take on significant responsibility to create big impact on the development of dahmakan. We will throw you into ice cold water with high expectations on you. You will quickly learn how to swim and learn within weeks what others learn in years.
In order to master the steep learning curve and keep up with the pace, you will have to step out of your comfort zone, work hard and stretch every skill that you have.
This experience will equip you with the necessary skills to launch your own startup afterwards or join dahmakan full time.
- Ambitious and hungry: you are either a top student from a top university with high GPA and won awards/scholarships or you have early work experience in high pressure environments such as growth startups (preferably funded from well-know investors), investment banks, consultancy, venture capital, oil rigs... you get the idea! you have run your own startup or entrepreneurial projects or you are the captain of a winning sports team/ president of an organisation or similar evidence or ambition and success
- Pressure resistant and adaptable to fast pace
- Resourceful in overcoming obstacles and rejection
- Naturally curious and thirsty to learn
Why should you join us?
- Work in a Y Combinator startup (over $30m in VC funding), with top talents from Stanford, Harvard, Google, Uber, Hellofresh, DeliveryHero, Rocket Internet etc.
- Opportunity to get hands on work experience in Southeast Asia - the fastest growing internet region globally according to Google
- Exposure to a very international working environment, a total of 16 nationalities from 5 continents work together here in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Work alongside peer's from top university's globally and young entrepreneurs who have run their own startups
- Significant responsibility and opportunity to learn all aspects of the business (operations, marketing & growth, finance & fundraising, business development, engineering)
- We empower you (and expect from you) to have massive impact on dahmakan
- Full time offers will be made to top performers of every EiR batch who are keen to join dahmakan in the longterm