Lead Android Developer 🦾
📲 Mobile is here whether on our phones in front of the TV, using Zoom on the go, submitting invoices in a work app, or buying products on an iPad point-of-sale system (ex. Toast and Snackpass!) Embrace is right there and focused on only helping mobile teams make your user experiences (and their own lives) the best.
We are the only observability and debugging platform built for mobile. Mobile apps, like Wish, Cameo, OkCupid, Home Depot and Goat, rely on Embrace to proactively find, reproduce and instantly fix all types of errors.
Our team are experts from Scopely, Niantic, Apple, Marco Polo, Upsight and more. Come join us!
Skills: Java, Kotlin
Do you enjoy improving the lives of fellow developers? With Embrace, you will build cutting edge technologies, like using the latest Android APIs to create distributed, on-device AI. Via awesome developer tools, you will ensure our customers' mobile apps and teams have the data and tools they need to build amazing experiences.
You will work with a team of experienced engineers to improve and evolve our current product, which is gathering data from 100M+ devices already, from partners like Wish, Goat, Cameo... and (my favorite) remote-surgery tools at Medtronics.
What We Believe is Important for this role:
- The ability to write rock-solid Java and Kotlin code
- A great understanding of the esoteric and ever-evolving challenges that Android can throw your way
- An awesome communicator who is able to interact with customers with a wide range of skill levels
What you have:
- At least 3 years of experience with Java
- A good understanding of Kotlin
- Exceptional communication skills
Things that would be great, but aren't required:
- You like Star Wars and Marvel. (DC is tertiary.)
- You have previously worked on an SDK
- You have experience with non-native frameworks such as React Native
- You have open source contributions to Android projects
- You are active in places where people talk about Android tech challenges, like Stack Overflow and Reddit
--> We are based in LA,SF, Utah and Phoenix with partners everywhere
Tech Stack: React, Objective-C, Swift, Java, Kotlin, React Native, Unity, Clickhouse, Cassandra, MySQL, Redis, Kafka, nginx, Saltstack, Go, and Python