Senior Frontend Engineer
Our mission is to help developers choose among millions of open-source packages, so they can build amazing products faster. We were founded in 2019 and are backed by some of the best investors in the industry. We're growing fast, currently serving half a million developers monthly, and are now hiring our 3rd and 4th engineers, as well as our first developer advocate! We offer great startup culture and energy, unparalleled impact and autonomy, and the opportunity to build something that helps millions of developers.
Openbase is currently hiring a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our CORE team!
We are looking for seasoned Frontend Engineers passionate about developer tools and solving interesting challenges. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will work with a growing team of talented engineers to build a product that helps millions of developers make better open-source choices.
We’re looking for a driven self-starter who is passionate about what we do and thrives in a startup environment.
What you will be doing:
- Build the frontend for Openbase pages, components, and features - to serve developers with package insights and community features.
- Develop sophisticated and interactive components using TypeScript and React. Work with our award-winning designer to implement beautiful responsive designs using advanced CSS, styled-components, recharts, and more.
- Build great responsive emails with HTML, CSS, and Handlebars. Own parts of the product journey, from feature creation, through deployment, to measuring its impact with analytics.
- AWS and Netlify
- Apollo GraphQL
- Recharts and D3.js
What we’re looking for:
- Min. 5+ years of experience with modern frontend development
- Ability to implement complex designs with advanced CSS
- Experience working with APIs to create snappy and interactive apps
Bonus points if you have:
- Familiarity with TypeScript
- Experience with modern web tooling
- Maintainer of open-source projects or packages
- Some experience with Python, Java, or Go
Benefits + Perks:
- You'll solve interesting challenges using best-of-breed technologies, and have a significant impact on the product and roadmap. Competitive benefits package that includes unlimited PTO, full medical coverage with the option to choose from a range of PPO and HMO plans, and a potentially life-changing stock options grant.
Our stack includes AWS, Netlify, PostgreSQL, Node, TypeScript, Apollo GraphQL, React, styled-components, Parcel and more