Senior Backend Software Engineer
$90k - $120k • 0.50% - 3.00%
At Actiondesk, we're building the future of spreadsheets. Spreadsheets are used by around 1 billion people in the world, yet were designed in the 80's and haven't been reinvented since.
Actiondesk is a full fledged spreadsheet software with 3 key features aka superpowers:
- The ability to Import data from any data sources and having that data refreshed automatically
- The ability to tie in data from a spreadsheet to data in another system (CRM, database etc). Whenever you make a change in the spreadsheet, it reflects in the initial data source.
- The ability to trigger “actions” with an excel like formula on a one off basis or an automated schedule. Think daily slack messages or emails.
All of this using only excel-like formulas
You’ll be a good fit if you’re:
- Self-starting and entrepreneurial
- Passionate about building an ambitious product and solving big problems
- An expert in Scala or functional programing
- An excellent engineer with a growth mindset
- Very comfortable with uncertainty and changes
- Get shit done and don't make excuses
Nice to have:
- Experience with Kafka or other PubSub messaging system
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Reactive Systems and/or Actor Model
What we offer:
- Lots of responsibilities & autonomy
- Being one of the very first engineers of the team
- Significant technical challenges
- Being part of a top level tech team
- Significant equity (0.5%-3%)
- Visa sponsorship for french citizens
We're a tiny team, your impact will be significant.
We are well funded, and are backed by Y Combinator.