BioRender Full-Stack Developer
$40k - $80k • 0.00% - 0.00%
BioRender is a fast growing SaaS startup. We’re creating the standard visual language of biology and the suite of tools to communicate it. We’re a team of passionate engineers, science illustrators, designers and entrepreneurs and are backed by an incredible group of investors, including Y Combinator. We nerd out on cool science stuff and solving big problems. We work really hard and sweat the details to deliver a high impact product that our users love.
The problem we’re solving:
Each year, biomedical researchers waste over a billion hours trying to communicate their research by drawing complex biology figures using tools like PowerPoint. These products weren’t built for scientists so are very time consuming and produce poor quality results. What’s worse, if you google any biological concept you’ll find hundreds of figures that look very different but are trying to communicate the exact same thing. At BioRender, our mission is have every visual representation of biology made and communicated with our tools. We reduce the time it takes scientists to create visuals from hours to minutes while drastically improving the quality. We save scientists 10-20 hours per month, giving them more time for the important stuff!
We are looking for a self starter who cares about code quality, customer experience and making a positive impact; someone who takes initiative. If you see something that’s broken, or a customer who’s unhappy, you do everything you can to fix it asap. You write clean, performant, scalable code. You love technical challenges and finding new ways to solve difficult problems. You think deeply about trade-offs between different technologies and might be opinionated about what you think is best. You aren’t afraid to learn new technologies or how to integrate with existing tools and libraries. You’re high-reaching, results-focused, metrics-driven and always learning. You appreciate self-growth and personal development and you’re looking to grow with the company.
- Strong experience in software development (e.g. work experience or personal projects)
- Web full-stack experience (Node.js, React, MongoDB and writing interactive web apps)
- Background in computer graphics, experience with web-based graphics libraries is a plus
- Educational background in computer science, mathematics, computer graphics, computational biology or similar is a plus
- Must be eligible to work in Canada for the summer
- Build out web-based visualization software to manipulate 2D and 3D graphics
- Build a self-serve single sign-on flow for enterprise customers
- High-growth position in the early stage of a promising company
- Key placement with important responsibilities in the organization
- Alignment of your professional growth with the company’s growth
Apply: Please email [email protected] with your resume, availability and a short blurb about yourself.
Location: Toronto, ON