Backend Engineer - Python
$20k - $40k • 0.01% - 0.20%
Prodigal Technologies is a Y-Combinator backed startup led by IIT Bombay & Wharton business grads. The founders have previously worked at organizations such as BCG, Blackstone, Fundbox, Tower Research & Accel.
We are revolutionizing how the rapidly growing personal loan industry performs its servicing and collections functions. Our first product is a speech analytics SaaS product that works for all types of lenders and debt collection agencies. We are building our technology platform in India and are serving customers in USA.
We're building an AI driven speech analytics product for the Financial Services ecosystem. The challenge would involve building a complex data-heavy product on the back-end, create appropriate data-structures and provision ways to implement AI & ML workflows.
Prodigal is looking to hire back-end software developers with 2-4 years of experience.
Skills / Candidate profile we are looking for
- We are looking for an Engineer who can work with us in developing our backend systems at scale:
- Deep knowledge of Python
- Understanding of fundamental programming languages - C++ or Java
- Strong problem-solving skills, data structures and algorithms
- Ability to build high-quality reusable code
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of working and completing tasks in a weekly / bi weekly sprint frame is a plus
- 2-4 yrs of work experience
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelors in Computer Science would be a plus
- Write maintainable / scalable / efficient code in Python
- Automate regular processes AWS in an efficient way
- Follow coding standards, unit-testing, code reviews etc.
- Follow release cycles and commitment to deadlines
- Stay up to date with current best practices
- Collaborate with Front-end developers
- Work closely with the CTO
Interesting problems we're solving
- Creating an intuitive UI for a speech analytics product. Traditional speech analytics products have very poor usability and are hard to implement for a business.
- Return search results on the call corpus for queries such as "Which calls had a payment dispute?"