Staff Software Engineer
Our mission is to save engineers from building in-house data pipelines, by building one automated data pipeline that everyone can use. Every single company that uses SaaS tools to run their business will eventually need to analyze the data that sits in those tools. Fivetran unlocks this data with automated connectors that converts messy, chaotic APIs into normalized, standard schemas.
Fivetran is looking for ambitious, independent Staff Software Engineer who want to have a big impact at a fast-growing company. You'll build challenging new features of our data pipeline service, improve our software architecture, and maintain reliable operation of the service. We're looking for people who can understand the key values that make our product great, and implement those values in the many small decisions you make every day as a developer:
- You'll be working with Cloud APIs, SQL, and NoSQL databases, events, etc.
- You'll be working on the core data pipeline that moves terabytes of data from all our customers to their data warehouses.
As a Staff Software Engineer at Fivetran you will:
- Create a new source connector within the first month
- Start contributing to bug fixes and features by month 2
- Develop general awareness of all areas of Fivetran's code base and infrastructure by month 2
- Start participating in our on-call rotation by month 3
- Start contributing to hiring by participating in the interview process by month 4
- Develop deep expertise in at least 5 areas of code and infrastructure by month 5
- Develop a new major feature by month 6
- Lead a major project to successful completion by month 8
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Write well-structured and performant code (we use Java)
- Able to define project requirements
- Experience designing software and infrastructure
- Work well in a small team environment
- Mentor junior and senior developers
- Able to identify design flaws in existing systems and come up with improvements
Perks of working with us:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- 401k match program
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter Benefits to help with transit and parking costs
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Unlimited coffee, office snacks and frequent catered lunches
- Company happy hours and fun team building activities
We've built a huge product with a small team by dividing our platform into simple, independent pieces and building our software in a disciplined, pragmatic way. We use Java, Google Cloud Platform, PostgreSQL, and React.