Full Stack Engineer
$90k - $160k • 0.05% - 0.10%
Canix is building the first generation of modern software for the burgeoning cannabis industry. We help our customers overcome daunting compliance regulation, sell more product, and optimize their day to day operations—from cultivation, to processing, to distribution.
Recent winner of TechCrunch Disrupt 2020, find out more at TechCrunch and canix.com.
Skills: React, React Native, Ruby on Rails
Canix (YC S'19) is building the first generation of modern ERP software for the burgeoning cannabis industry. We help our customers overcome daunting compliance regulation, sell more product, cut costs, and optimize their day to day operations from seed to sale.
We're also the winner of TechCrunch Disrupt 2020, check out our winning pitch to learn more about where we're headed in the next few years.
Why work with us?
- It's clear that we're building something people want, and our traction shows it. 1500 facilities across the US and Canada use Canix to run their business, helping them process over $100M USD in direct sales and manage 20M+ plant and inventory items to date.
- The time is now. Legalization is here, and Canix is not only establishing the technical foundations of the industry as it grows, but continuously working to improve them with every feature that we ship.
- It's early. Your work will be pivotal in forming and growing the team, company and an entire industry from the ground up.
- We have a superb founding team, across sales, support, engineering and product. We've built teams, started companies, and developed products and infrastructure used by millions of people around the world before embarking on this journey together. Our team hails from Facebook, Heroku, Genesys, and more.
We're currently an engineering team of 8. We work up and down the stack, and outside it when necessary (across hiring, product, you name it). We're looking for not only engineers, but owners that will drive the company for years to come.
You might be a great fit if you are:
- Adaptable—an avid hat collector.
- Prone to focus on simplicity over completeness. We pride ourselves on being to-the-point in our product development. If it doesn't solve the problem, it's not worth our time.
- People-focused. Take the time to get to know our customers, and step in their shoes when building. In-person meetings and on-sites are encouraged.
- A leader, mentor, and influencer. As one of the first engineers at Canix, you get a chance to impact the company in fundamental ways, in and out of 'the stack'.
Working at Canix
Our process is simple: identify an opportunity to make it easier for our customers to run their business (be it a product, infrastructure improvement, or development tool), run it by the team, and build it. We use daily check-ins to hold each other accountable, weekly meetings to plan the next cycle of work, and 3 month check-ins to talk about the company's priorities and goals as a whole. Everything else is up to you.
Our challenges include:
- Integrating with hardware (e.g. wireless scale integrations for weighing product during and after harvest/processing or RFID scanners for plant tracking).
- Working with gnarly 3rd-party APIs to push/pull data to/from our backend with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness.
- Delivering beautiful and effective UIs to help our customers accomplish their work (some of our customers have not used a smartphone before).
- Writing efficient mobile applications that can work both online and offline to process hundreds of thousands of plant changes in sporadic network conditions.
- Managing payments for an often overlooked population of underbanked customers: the entire cannabis supply chain.
We choose technology to find the right balance of productivity, robustness, performance, and elegance. We like to move fast, and be proud of our work at the same time. Our stack is:
- React Native and ReactJS for both native and web front-ends. (Typescript)
- GraphQL as our API language
- Ruby/Sorbet+Sidekiq+ActiveRecord for backend business logic
- PostgreSQL for backend data persistence
- Realm as our mobile DB
Canix is on a mission to bring clarity and connection to the cannabis industry. We are trusted by over 1000 facilities across the US, from cultivation, through distribution and manufacturing. Our work is driving the continued success of cannabis legalization and reform across the country—and one day, the world.
React Native, React, Ruby on Rails.
Hardware: wireless scales, label printers, and RFID tech for tracking cannabis.