Data Scientist, Graph
$115 - $155 •
Instawork is the on-demand staffing app for hospitality gigs. We quickly and reliably match businesses with nearby qualified workers. We’re excited to enable our Professionals, a new generation of the emerging, diverse workforce, to be a part of the growing gig economy.
We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Y Combinator, SV Angel, Crunchfund, Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Mike Vernal (VP of Product at Facebook), among many more.
Skills: Python, Neo4j
Instawork is changing the future of work and using data to drive the process. In this role you will work on cutting edge graph technology to help understand and productize features around our labor network. In close collaboration with business, product, and engineering you will help identify innovative approaches to solve our more difficult problems, e.g. growth and quality.
- Masters or Ph.D. degree or in Computer Science or related field with a focus on machine learning and graph networks
- 3+ years of experience in developing and training machine learning models or deep neural networks
- 2+ years of experience working with graph data sets and algorithms like centrality, community detection, path finding and similarity
- Experience in dealing with large-scale unstructured text data and NLP methods
- Solid track record of building, motivating and managing highly effective projects and pushing them through into production systems
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complex problems or identify acceptable workarounds
- Ability to perform assigned duties with a great degree of independence requiring minimal direction.
- Ideally experience with Neo4j and Cypher query language or other modern Graph Database
- Experience in Python, AWS preferred
Django, React, React Native, AWS, Neo4J