Senior Software Engineer, Platform
$90k - $140k • 0.00% - 0.25%
Catch is building the future of financial infrastructure for the independent workforce. As the first personal, portable benefits platforms, we help freelancers, contractors, and gig workers build an automated safety net. We do tax withholding, retirement investment, and health insurance enrollment. We move money, create investments, and integrate with the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services to be able to take action for those with volatile income. We believe the future of work mandates a new system to manage benefits, and the 80M Americans who lack employer plans certainly agree.
Skills: Go, MongoDB, Python
Join the Catch backend engineering team and build an innovative platform that manages and automates the most important thing for people to get right– their safety net.We’re looking for driven and mission-forward engineers to help us reimagine the tax, retirement, and health insurance systems in the U.S. to be simple, modern, and integrated.
You’ll work on:
- Building scalable services and infrastructure to support new features and offerings
- Work on the architecture for core Catch components, including money movement, Guide, People, health insurance, and more
- Tuning the infrastructure as needed
- Collaborating with the frontend team to use and refine the graphQL schema and API
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A strong proficiency in building scalable services with tools like Python, Go, Mongo, gRPC, GraphQL, and AWS
- Experience building modern SaaS architecture
- A passion for performance, scalability, and great testing coverage
- An ability to think through requirements to come up with high-impact ways of quickly solving problems
- Experience in financial or insurance areas is a plus
Working at Catch:
Reinventing the core benefits system and safety net that’s been in place for the last 70 years isn’t an easy task– and it’s certainly not something that gets solved overnight. But the time is now. Incomes are getting more volatile, inequality is growing larger, and the foundation that was designed to address this is showing its age. At Catch, we’re working to reinvent the dated tax, retirement, and health insurance systems to work for all.
This takes focus, ingenuity, and collaboration– you’ll work with a team dedicated to the cause and equipped to solve it. We value a diverse, inclusive, and ego-free environment and you should too.
Catch is backed by some of the best investors and advisors in the industry.
We believe that a safety net is critical, so we’ve invested in making ours great:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401k w/matching
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Paid time off