Full Stack Software Engineer (US/CAN) at Mutiny (S18)
$140k - $200k • 0.08% - 0.25%
Uses AI and data to convert website visitors into customers
Today companies spend over $1T to bring customers to the door, but $19 of every $20 they spend does not convert to revenue. Companies have no choice other than to dedicate large engineering and data science teams to manually build more relevant, higher converting experiences for different customer segments.
Mutiny is a no-code AI platform that helps marketers convert their top of funnel demand into revenue, without engineers. Mutiny gives marketers everything they need to drive revenue and prove it — from data and analytics to AI-powered recommendations and content writing. We are backed by Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global, Insight Partners, Y Combinator and CMOs from some of today’s fastest-growing tech companies including AngelList, Carta, Gong, Hopin, Salesforce and Snowflake.
About the role
Skills: React, Ruby, TypeScript, PostgreSQL
The role, in a nutshell:
We are looking for an ambitious software developer to join our engineering team. You will build, test, and ship software across the stack; from browser clients to render personalized web experiences, to performant APIs to distribute data in real-time, to high-throughput data pipelines for ingesting user data. As an early engineer, you will define the architecture of our core systems, own products from infrastructure to UX, and work closely with the CTO to set the tone for the engineering culture. This role is particularly suited for engineers interested in building scalable web infrastructure in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do at Mutiny:
- Architect, build, test, and ship highly-available services that deliver personalization at scale.
- Use machine learning to automate segmentation and provide relevant recommendations
- Use data to support product decisions and prioritize the right projects for the team
- Use the right language and framework for the challenge at hand. Currently we have services in Ruby and TypeScript, and are open to expanding our stack to best address our engineering challenges
- Build great user experiences that allow customers to easily understand powerful data tools
- Own product decisions end-to-end and bring structure to a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of software engineering experience in a web development or infrastructure position.
- Fluency in a backend programming language such as Python, Ruby, Golang or Scala.
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL or other relational database, and an understanding of database performance.
- Advocate of automated testing. We always include a full suite of tests for a feature to verify and future proof our code.
- A proponent of diverse and inclusive engineering cultures, and a commitment to fostering such an environment.
- An exceptionally high performance bar for oneself and everyone on the team. Unafraid to communicate what’s working and what needs to change.
- Someone who is energized by ambiguity and can create structure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- A kind human who wants to build an extraordinary product, culture and brand.
We are fully remote and offer H1-B Sponsorship.
Mutiny does not accept agency submitted candidates for this posting.
Our stack consists of React, TypeScript, Ruby, and Rails. as well as Redis, Postgres, and Elasticsearch for data storage. Our CTO comes from a product and infrastructure background, bringing an engineering first approach to growth technology.
Some of our challenges include:
- Building a privacy-first data store that never shares PII or customer data. We leverage data store policies to ensure there are walled gardens between customers and privacy is respected.
- Architecting low latency data infrastructure that processes millions of events from various data sources to create a unified data layer. We keep latency to a ridiculously low number using a combination of CDN edge caching with Fastly, efficient event processing pipelines, and data store optimizations.
- Building products that expose machine learning infrastructure for automated segmentation, with an incredibly simple to use interface.
- Building efficient content delivery libraries for use in the browser, enabling non-technical team members to easily personalize their website. We make use of native browser APIs for efficient DOM rendering using features like MutationObservers, WebWorkers, and hooks for browser layouts.