Senior Software Engineer - Hub
Rippling automates new-hire onboarding tasks that HR, IT and Finance departments do in a company. We aim to be the system of record for the company's employee information, by winning at on-boarding. This would allow us to build a platform layer where anyone could build an enterprise app. Small businesses would buy it from Rippling and roll it out to their company.
Parker Conrad (CEO of Rippling), had previously started Zenefits - which was the fastest growing company in history (0 to $50M in 2 years.) The founders have experience in the domain. The product is growing quite fast (10x revenue in 2018) and already has a high Net-Promoter score. We have raised $60M so far. Our last funding round was led by Kleiner Perkins.
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage their HR & IT — from payroll and benefits, to employee computers and apps — all in one, modern system.
In just 90-seconds, a company can set up (or disable) an employee’s payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps, like Gmail, Microsoft Office, and Slack. It’s the only platform that truly unifies every employee system, and automates all of the administrative work.
Rippling is headquartered in San Francisco and has raised over $200M from top-tier investors, including Founders Fund, Greenoaks Capital, Coatue Management, Kleiner Perkins, and YCombinator.
About The Role
The Hub team builds Rippling’s core data models and the HR functionalities in the product. Rippling is built as a hub-and-spoke model, where the hub team sits in the middle of all products within Rippling. We allow other teams at Rippling to create and refine new products by building the necessary foundations. Additionally, our team owns the HR functionality built on top of the core data models, allowing employees and admins to manage their employee system of record on Rippling.
What You'll Do:
- Develop high-quality software.
- Ship products at a high-quality.
- Have very clear ownership of one or many product spaces.
- Get exposure to the different company partners and our end-users, who will help provide feedback for your product space
- Learn and understand how your product can help Rippling continually differentiate itself.
- 3+ years of professional work experience
- Experience building a large-scale platform for web and mobile apps
- Strong CS knowledge
- Bonus points if you’ve previously worked with AWS
- You care about product ownership and solving problems for our customers.
- You’re passionate about being in a product-focused environment where everyone cares deeply about customer impact.
- If you don’t necessarily meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply because skills can be used in lots of different ways, your life experience is equally important sometimes.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Commuter, Life and Disability Benefits
- Uncapped PTO
- Flexible work hours
- Generous parental leave
- Transgender health insurance coverage
- Great compensation package (salary, equity)
- Meeting-light culture
- Onsite meals
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer.
Python / Django / MongoDB. We deploy code continually and move extremely fast.